William J. Bloomer, Esq.
Personal & Education
Bill was born in Rutland and graduated from Rutland High School in 1969.
After receiving a History degree from the University of Vermont in 1973, he received his J.D. from the Boston University School of Law in 1976.
Shortly after graduation, he joined his father, Robert Bloomer and his uncle, John Bloomer in the practice at Bloomer & Bloomer.
He has been involved as a coach within the Rutland Recreation Department and Rutland Public Schools, including coaching all of his children at some point. He has also served on the boards of several area non-profits. Bill now enjoys teaching Business Law at Castleton University.
He currently lives in Rutland with his wife, Margery. They have four children (Matt, Kate, Aaron & Geoff) and two grandsons (Jake & Will).
- Rutland City Board of Aldermen (1979-1981)
- President (1980-1981)
- Rutland City Attorney (1981-1983)
- Rutland Free Library Trustee (2005-2008)
- Rutland Free Clinic Board Member (2005-2011)
- Dodge House (Veterans’ transition housing) Board Member (2007-Current)
- Rutland County Agricultural Society
- Vice President (1993-1997)
- Youth Baseball Coach (1988-1992 and 2000-2007)
- Rutland High School Freshman Baseball Coach (1994-1999)
- Italian-American Club Member (2009-current)
University of Vermont (1973)
B.A., cum laude, History
Boston University School of Law (1976)
J.D., cum laude
State of Vermont
United States District Court for the District of Vermont
United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit